Mental And Physical Health Benefits Of Exercise!
Updated: Jan 24, 2019
It is extremely important to keep active on a daily basis for your physically health, but I believe it is even more important for your mental health!
Below are the Benefits exercise can have on your physical and mental health...
A healthier state of mind
A number of studies have found that exercise helps depression. There are many views as to how exercise helps people with depression:
· Exercise may block negative thoughts or distract you from daily worries.
· Exercising with others provides an opportunity for increased social contact.
· Increased fitness may lift your mood and improve your sleep patterns.
· Exercise may also change levels of chemicals in your brain, such as serotonin, endorphins and stress hormones.
Benefits of regular physical activity
If you are regularly physically active, you may:
· reduce your risk of a heart attack
· manage your weight better
· have a lower blood cholesterol level
· lower the risk of type 2 diabetes and some cancers
· have lower blood pressure
· have stronger bones, muscles and joints and lower risk of developing osteoporosis
· lower your risk of falls
· recover better from periods of hospitalisation or bed rest
· feel better – with more energy, a better mood, feel more relaxed and sleep better.